During the month of June the City of Santa Clarita Transit, along with our Consultant conducted a series of workshops and outreach events to introduce the Transportation Development Plan process and solicit initial public comments. We also posted an online Community Survey (which can still be accessed for submissions) for those unable to attend the meetings.
In an effort to keep Santa Clarita residents and transit riders up to date with the project, we have summarized some of the initial survey and workshop comments into a short list provided below. While the list below is by no means exhaustive, nor is it listed in terms of importance/priority, it does give a general idea of what your neighbors have to say thus far:
- Improve commuter bus access to the east side of town and to Castaic.
- Provide express service along busy roads such as Soledad Canyon.
- Provide service deeper into neighborhoods.
- Improve late night transportation options.
- Increase connections to schools for students involved in extracurricular activities.
- Make Dial-A-Ride and/or Access Services temporary certification for out-of-town visitors easier to obtain.
- Provide service to the new Castaic High School.
- Increased service for Castaic/Val Verde residents into Santa Clarita.
- Provide a link with bus service in Ventura County (along Highway 126).
- Provide a link between the Santa Clarita Valley and California State University – Northridge.
- Promote bikes on buses.
- Introduce a local transfer policy.
Do you see a recommendation on this list that you would really like to see happen? Or maybe you have an idea that’s not listed here. Let us know! Share your feedback. All input will be considered as we move toward a preferred plan for Santa Clarita Transit over the next five to ten years.